Date of Post: 23 Aug, 2018
Ahmedabad: The first trial run of the much-awaited Ahmedabad metro train would be conducted in January next year, Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani said. During the trial, the train will ply between Vastral village and Apparel Park on a 6.5-km stretch, called as “priority reach”, in east Ahmedabad.
- The above stretch is the part of the 20.73km long East-West Corridor of the Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project that proposes to connect Vastral area in east Ahmedabad with the western suburb of Thaltej.
- The CM said,”The trial run (of the Metro train) on the ‘priority reach’ between Vastral village and Apparel park would begin in January 2019. The work is going on in full swing. I have instructed the officials to make sure that the ongoing works do not cause any trouble to the people.”
- The chief minister, on Wednesday, visited the underground section of the Metro project near the main Kalupur railway station.
- An official release stated that he inspected the proposed integration of the Bullet Train, Metro and Kalupur railway station.
- In phase-1 of the project, which is estimated to cost Rs 10,773 crore, the metro train would connect eastern-western and northern-southern suburbs in Ahmedabad.
- The train will be extended to Gandhinagar in the phase-2.
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .