Date of Post 04 Mar 2019
The Ahmedabad Metro is expected to be inaugurated today by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi .
- The Metro Rail Project of Ahmedabad, which has been implemented by the GMRC (Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation) Limited is being developed at a cost of around Rs 10,773 crore.
- Today , the 6.5 km stretch between Apparel Park and Vastral Gam is being inaugurated out of the phase 1 of Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project is around 40.03 km long .
- This metro system comprises of 2 corridors with 32 metro stations in total.
- The section to be inaugurated is a part of the East-West corridor of the Ahmedabad Metro Phase 1 which is nearly 21.16 km .
- The total stretch covers 17 metro stations .
- Several passenger safety features have been provided in the rolling stock including continuous automatic train protection system, emergency door, crash worthiness feature, along with broad gangways, platform screen doors /gates on all platforms, CCTV cameras etc.
- PM Modi will also lay the foundation stone of Ahmedabad Metro phase 2 which recently got the Cabinet clearance at the Centre.
- Ahmedabad Metro Phase- 2 will have 2 corridors with a total length 28.254 kilometres.
- This will include the 22.838 km long corridor 1 from Motera Stadium to Mahatma Mandir.
To know more about recent developments of Ahmedabad Metro –
01 Feb, 2019: First trial run of Ahmedabad Metro rail conducted
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )