Date of post: 12 Jan, 2019
Mumbai: The Additional Metropolitan Commissioner Mr.Pravin Darada has issued directions to complete all civil work on the Dahisar to DN Nagar Metro-2A and Andheri (East) to Dahisar (East) Metro-7 corridors before monsoon. This will facilitate removal of the barricades to ease traffic movement.
The work on both these corridors is progressing despite various challenges. 85% of foundation work, 69% of pier construction work and 50% of girder launching has successfully been completed on both the Metro corridors. Likewise, many underground utilities such as gas pipes, electrical, telephone lines have successfully been shifted and Mr.Darade has thanked all the concerned organizations for their cooperation.
Besides the fact that work on all stations is in progress, the Authority has also received Metro tracks and work related to laying of the tracks is expected to begin soon. All concerned organizations that are working towards fulfilling the Metro dream, concerned Consultants, Contractors and officers “deserve the praise”, concluded Mr.Darade.
Mr.PRK Murthy, Director, Metro Project Implementation Unit; Mr.Tanaji Bhosale, Chief Engineer; Mr.PK Sharma, Director, DMRC; Mr.Yashpal Mehta, Chief Engineer, DMRC and other senior officers, consultants and contractors were present during the visit.
To know more about recent developments of Mumbai Metro –
04 Jan, 2018: Mumbai Metro Update : Kasarvadavali-Gaikmukh Metro-4A route expected to be completed by 2022
19 Dec, 2018: Foundation stone laid for Mumbai Metro-5, Metro-9 and Pune Metro’s 3rd line between Hinjewadi and Shivajinagar
18 Dec, 2018: Mumbai Metro One commissions 612 KWp solar panels atop D.N. Nagar Metro Depot
People Also Viewed :
- 7 October, 2017 Mumbai Metro Update: Work On Both Metro-7 & Metro-2A Projects Going On Fast Pace
- 23 March, 2018 Mumbai Metro Update: MMRDA Makes Budgetary Provision of Rs 4,700 Crore For 7 Metro Projects in Mumbai
- 17 October, 2017 Mumbai Metro Update: MMRDA Receives Eight Bids For Civil Work Of Metro 2B Corridor From DN Nagar to Bandra-Kurla Complex
- 16 June, 2017 10 Companies Placed Bids For Civil Construction Of Metro-2B & Metro-4
- 15 December, 2017 Mumbai Metro-2B Update: Civil Aviation Authorities Allows MMRDA To Construct Metro Corridor In Juhu Airport Funnel Area
- 26 October, 2017 Commute set to get smoother as the cabinet approves 2 metro corridors in Mumbai
- 11 April, 2018 Mumbai Metro-7 Update: Pravin Darade, Additional Commissioner, MMRDA Visits Andheri (East) to Dahisar (East) Metro-7 Corridor
- 8 January, 2018 MMRDA seeks to Connect Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport’s T2 to Bhayandar with New Metro Corridor
- 8 August, 2017 MMRDA Receives Permission From Defence Ministry For Construction Of Metro-7 On Defence Land
- 17 February, 2018 Mumbai Metro Update: Construction Work Of Metro 2B & Metro 4 Corridors To Start In First Week Of March 2018