Date of Post: 09 Dec, 2017
Assam: The 83 km long railway link project between Dhansiri in Assam & Zubza in Nagaland finally sees a light as the PMO (Prime Minister Office) has set 2020 deadline for completion of the project.
- The railway project involves construction of around 190 bridges & around 26 km of tunnels.
- PMO’s monitoring of the project which will be made in three phases.
- The first phase of the project is scheduled to be completed by December 2018.
- The PMO has asked the government of Assam to acquire the required land by 15 December 2017.
- The Nagaland government has also been directed to acquire & hand over the 24km land for the project by 15 February 2018.
Image Credit: Tomasz Sienicki – Wikimedia Commons
People Also Viewed :
- 23 November, 2017 Construction Of Rail Line Between Sairang-Bairabi Likely To Be Completed In December 2020
- 3 March, 2018 Indian Railways Planning To Expand Its Network In Entire Northeast Including Arunachal Pradesh: Rajen Gohain
- 8 February, 2018 Union Budget For Fiscal 2018-19 Proposes Electrification Of 881 km Of Rail Network In West Bengal At Rs 771.54 Crore
- 26 September, 2017 Jaynagar-Janakpur Railway Line Connecting India With Nepal Expected To Become Functional By 2018
- 7 December, 2017 Work On 125 Kilometer Long Rishikesh-Karnaprayag Railway Line Begins, Estimated To Cost Rs 16,216 crore
- 3 March, 2018 Railways Completes 70% Of Track Doubling On 352.58 km Long Hospet-Hubli-Londa-Vasco Route
- 17 January, 2018 Rail Track Doubling On Ernakulam-Kayamkulam Stretch To Be Completed By March 2020
- 5 January, 2018 All State Capitals In Northeast To Connect With Railway Lines By 2020
- 28 October, 2017 Indian Railway Gives Green Light For The 3rd and 4th Rail Line Linking Thiruvananthapuram and Kasaragod
- 16 March, 2018 Track Renewal Target Set At 3,900 kilometer For 2018-19: Rajen Gohain