Date of Post: 09 Dec, 2017
Assam: The 83 km long railway link project between Dhansiri in Assam & Zubza in Nagaland finally sees a light as the PMO (Prime Minister Office) has set 2020 deadline for completion of the project.
- The railway project involves construction of around 190 bridges & around 26 km of tunnels.
- PMO’s monitoring of the project which will be made in three phases.
- The first phase of the project is scheduled to be completed by December 2018.
- The PMO has asked the government of Assam to acquire the required land by 15 December 2017.
- The Nagaland government has also been directed to acquire & hand over the 24km land for the project by 15 February 2018.
Image Credit: Tomasz Sienicki – Wikimedia Commons