Date of Post: 23 Dec, 2017
New Delhi: Japanese trader Sumitomo Corp & India’s JSPL (Jindal Steel & Power Ltd) are among 8 bidders competing for Railways first global tender to supply 487,000 tonnes of rails, a government official told Reuters. The tender was opened earlier on Friday.
According to the official, the 8 bidders are-
- JSPL (Jindal Steel & Power Ltd)
- Japanese trader Sumitomo Corp
- East Metals AG, a unit of Russian steel and coal producer Evraz
- Austrian company voestalpine Schienen
- CRM Hong Kong Trading Ltd
- New Delhi-based Atlantic Steels
- French company British Steel France Rail
- China-based Angang Group International.
- As per an MoU, state-run Steel Authority of India (SAIL) is, currently, the only company supplying rails to the Indian Railways.
- SAIL manufactures 260-metre long rails at its Bhilai Steel Plant (BSP) in Chhattisgarh.
Image Credit: Debashis.jena16 – Wikipedia