Date of Post: 23 Dec, 2017
New Delhi: On friday, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan laid foundation stone of 750 MW Ultra Mega Solar Project at Rewa in Madhya Pradesh. The 750 MW Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Project will supply 24% of its power to Delhi Metro in entire span of project life.
Image Credit: IFC South Asia – Twitter
Delhi Metro is the institutional Customer for the project taking 24% of the power.
- “750 MW Rewa Solar Park is one of the largest solar parks in the world and it is a proud moment for all of us” Chouhan, in a statement said.
- Madhya Pradesh through its commitment can fulfill target of 5,000 MW of renewable capacity in coming few years, RK Singh, Union Minister of Power & New and Renewable Energy, said.
- The project is expected to benefit the State utility by Rs 2086 crore & Rs 1220 crore to Delhi Metro in entire span of project life.
- Delhi Metro is the institutional Customer for the project taking 24% of the power.
- The transaction structure of Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power Project has been awarded World Bank Groups President award for Innovation & Excellence.
- IFC is the transaction advisor for the project.
Image Credit: Gpm india