Date of Post : 20 June, 2017
Nagpur: 6 top companies have bid for construction of viaduct of Kamptee Road stretch of Nagpur Metro Rail.
- The cost of the project is Rs 560 crore (approx US$ 87.5 Million)
- The length is 7.3 kilometer including the 4.3 kilometer double decker flyover
- Work on other 3 stretches- Wardha Road, Hingna Road & Central Avenue has already started.
The 6 companies are —
- ITD Cementation
- Simplex (which built the Gowari flyover)
- Afcons (which built the Ramjhula)
- Gammon India
- NCC (which is building the Wardha Road Metro)
- ILFS (which is building Metro stations on Wardha Road)
More About The Project
- The technical evaluation of the viaduct tender has started & is expected to take a month.
- The financial bid will be opened after that & it will take another 2 to 3 weeks for evaluation.
- Work on 5 out of 7 Metro stations of Kamptee Road stretch has already started.
- These Stations include
- Zero Mile
- Kasturchand Park
- Gaddigodam Square
- Nari Road
- Automotive Square
- Tender for construction of Indora Square & Kadbi Square Metro stations are yet to open.
- Maha Metro will rehabilitate the shopkeepers of Gol Bazar, Gaddigodam, where the station will be constructed.
- There are 87 project affected persons (PAPs) & the design for the new commercial complex is being finalized.
- On June 8, work on Sitabuldi to Prajapati Nagar (near Wardhaman Nagar) stretch of Nagpur Metro had started.
- The viaduct will be mostly constructed over Central Avenue, which has heavy vehicular traffic.
- Meanwhile, Maha Metro is pulling out all stops for the trial run slated to be held in a few months.
- The coaches from Hyderabad Metro are expected to arrive this month.