Date of Post : 22 June, 2017
Lucknow: Lucknow Metro 5th train set recently arrived from Sri City to the Transport Nagar Metro Depot in Lucknow. All 4 cars of the metro train have been arrived through road through special trailers from the manufacturing unit of the company- Alstom located at Sri City near Chennai.
More Information –
- All necessary trials have been conducted at the manufacturing plant.
- Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC) official said, only dynamic trials of the train are required to be done in the depot upon its arrival in Lucknow.
- Meanwhile all the 4 train sets are already running on mainline for testing of signalling system with multiple trains running.
- LMRC is now all set to start the metro train services for the public after commissioning of this train as 4 trains will be utilised initially for starting metro services in the capital.
- The state government has mandated LMRC to at least bring 4 train sets from Sri City before commissioning services for public use.
- Accordingly LMRC has already brought 4 sets & has received 5th set too recently.
- Initially headway time between metro trains after public launch would be kept as 7-8 minutes among 4 trains, LMRC officials said.
- Then gradually as and when more trains start coming & are ready for run after due testing, the gap between 2 trains would be gradually reduced.
- LMRC has places order for total 20 trains of 4 coaches each to run on total 23 kilometer of phase-I of North-South corridor.
- This would start from Amausi airport to Munshipulia.
- For the time being, LMRC is focusing on testing 4 trains on the priority corridor first as it has to be launched by next month for public.
- This is a 8.5 kilometer corridor which starts from Charbagh to Transport Nagar.