Date of Post : 07 July, 2017
Mumbai: A Medical firm ‘Magicdil Health’ has got consent to open One Rupee Clinic facilities at five metro stations. This firm has also opened 24-hour Emergency Medical Rooms (EMRs) and One Rupee clinics at six stations of the Central Railway (CR) earlier.
About the One Rupee Clinics:
- The five metro stations fall on the Ghatkopar- Versova stretch of the rapid transport system.
- “We wanted to set up EMRs and One Rupee clinics at metro stations to provide first hand medical help to commuters at a token charge of Re 1. We expressed our willingness to metro officials and they readily accepted our offer,” said Dr Rahul Ghule, an executive of Magicdil.
- The 5 Stations include:
- Marol Naka
- D N Nagar
- The Clinics at these station will start from next month, said Ghule.
- An official from Mumbai Metro One said, “Magicdil had approach us to open its clinics to serve passengers in case of emergency. After going through their proposal, we accepted their offer and the process to provide them premises at these five stations has started.” We will provide 150 sq/ft area at each station,” he said.
- Ghule also said, his firm has provided medical assistance to 12,555 patients at all the five CR stations.