Date of post: 15 Jan, 2019
Kochi: The Kochi Metro Rail Ltd (KMRL) has shortlisted four ship-manufacturers for building 23 passenger boats for the Rs 750-crore Water Metro project.
The four manufacturers are-
- Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL)
- Larsen & Toubro
- Netherlands-based Damen Shipyards
- UAE-based GRANDWELD (branch of ATOS International)
- The KMRL will finalise the manufacturer by February 26.
- A KMRL official said,”We’ve shortlisted Cochin Shipyard Ltd (CSL), Netherlands-based Damen Shipyards, UAE-based GRANDWELD (branch of ATOS International) and Larsen & Toubro (L&T) as of now after evaluating their technical qualifications.”
- The lowest bidder will be entrusted with design, build, supply, testing, commissioning and delivery of the boats.
- A fleet of 23 electric-powered air-conditioned ferries would be deployed by December.
- The entire project is aimed to be completed by 2020-end.
- A total of 78 ferries will connect 39 terminals, covering 76 kms on 16 different routes under the Rs 750-crore Water Metro project.
- The boats will be gradually converted to solar power by 2021.
- There will be 19 terminals in the first phase.
- The hybrid catamaran-type boats with twin hulls will have a capacity of 100 passengers besides accommodating two wheel-chairs.
- They will also have facilities for phone-charging and Wi-Fi.
To know more about recent developments of Kochi Metro-
19 Nov, 2018 : A 33 Member Team of French Agency AFD visits Kochi Metro
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .