Date of Post: 19 June, 2018
New Delhi: A 3rd rail line between Allahabad & Mughalsarai is likely to get the Railway Board’s approval this week, Railway Minister Piyush Goyal said. There are particular sections on the Indian Railways network which are extremely overburdened and Mughalsarai was one of them, Goyal said.
Goyal said,”There was a plan for a third line between Allahabad and Mughalsarai, which I have asked the Railway Board to sanction this week itself, so that we can start work on that line.”
- The 3rd line will minimize congestion on Mughalsarai-Howrah route.
- 250-350 trains operate on the Allahabad-Mughalsarai route daily, making it the ‘busiest route’ in the India, officials said.
- Nearly 200 passenger trains and more than 200 goods trains cross Mughalsarai station daily, getting on around 13,000-15,000 people to and fro.
- Goyal said,”Similarly, we have asked all zones to take out all those bottlenecks which need infrastructure upgradation so that the Railway Board can take a mission mode decision and work can start on all such projects which will debottleneck the railway lines. These are corridors where entire railway converges and it causes delays across the whole national railway.”
- The enhancement of infrastructure, will include elevated corridors which will bypass city areas to allow freight and long-distance trains to move faster, he said.
Image Credit: India rail info
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .