Date of Post: 30 Jan,
Noida: Over 37,000 passengers have availed rides on the Noida-Greater Noida Metro in the first 3 days since its opening, with nearly 14,000 using the Aqua Line on Monday, according to Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC) officials.
- The metro rail service between the twin-cities in Gautam Buddh Nagar district was inaugurated on Friday by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and it opened for citizens the next day, January 26, albeit curtailed timings of 10 am to 5 pm.
- 11,625 people used the metro service on Saturday, 11,835 on Sunday and 13,857 on Monday, totalling 37,317 passengers in first 3 days, according to official figures.
- Monday was the first day of full-fledged service on the line from 6 am to 10 pm.
- Rs 6.01 lakh were earned in cash, while 497 metro cards were also sold on Monday, up from Rs 4.98 lakh collection and 386 cards sale on Sunday and 3.60 lakh collection and 266 card sales on Saturday, NMRC Executive Director P D Upadhyay said.
- Built at a cost of Rs 5,503 crore, the metro rail service caters 21 stations – 15 of them in Noida and 6 in Greater Noida, spread over a distance of 29.7-km.
- According to the NMRC, the Aqua Line runs from 6 am to 10 pm except on Sundays, when it begins at 8 pm.
To know more about recent developments of Noida Metro –
28 Jan, 2019: Noida-Greater Noida Metro ‘Aqua Line’ open for public
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )