Date of Post: 26 Oct, 2018
The Bhaupur-Khurja (340 km) stretch of the eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor would be operational by December end and will be followed by the commissioning of the 452 km long Rewari-Marwar stretch on the western Dedicated Freight Corridor in February 2019.
- For the first time Indian Railways is using most advanced machines- New Track Construction (NTC) machines – which can lay around 2.5 km railway tracks in a day.
- While the eastern DFC will connect Mughalsarai with Ludhiana, the western DFC will run between Dadri and Jawaharlal Nehru Port.
- Last month, a new freight corridor between Kharagpur in West Bengal and Vijayawada in Andhra Pradesh named East Coast Freight Corridor, announced.
- On 15th August, 2018 Independence Day, the DFCC conducted a successful train run on the newly-built Western Corridor’s Ateli-Phulera section.
- Thereafter work on the Kanpur-Mughalsarai 402 km phase-II will be completed by December 2019.
- Earthwork is also under way on the Ludhiana-Khurja section to first flatten the ground and then compact it before the rails are laid.
To know more about recent developments of Chennai Metro-
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .