Date of Post: 19 June, 2018
New Delhi: The Indian Railways set to repaint all Mail/Express trains in a new colour scheme – beige & brown. The freshly-painted Delhi-Pathankot Express with 16 coaches will be the first train to be rolled out, by this month-end, with the new colour scheme developed by the in-house team of Northern Railway.
- A senior Railway official said,”A complete makeover of coaches was long overdue and the new colour scheme was applied in trains after it was finally approved by Railways Minister Piyush Goyal.”
- It was in the 1990s that the new colour scheme of dark blue was introduced for Mail/Express coaches, replacing the brick red colour which was in use for decades.
- Now the Railways has quite a task at hand – repainting about 30,000 coaches in the new colour scheme.
- The official said,”The change of colour is part of the Railways’ efforts to make passengers’ experience a pleasant one.”
- Besides the exterior, steps have been taken to improve the interiors of the coaches with additional facilities, he further said.
- The official added,”The replacement of all toilets with bio-toilets, providing mobile chargers at each berth, comfortable seats are some of the changes undertaken in trains. In fact, a provision has also been activated to solicit passengers’ response and suggestions for improving service.”
Image Credit: Northern railway
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .