Date of Post : 23 June, 2017
Nagpur: On Thursday, a 30-member French delegation visited the city of Nagpur to take stock of ongoing Nagpur Metro Rail & Smart City projects. Many companies from foreign countries have invested in the ventures.
Agence Francaise de Developpement (AFD) has partly funded for Nagpur Metro rail & Nag River rejuvenation plan.
More Information –
- Paul Armlin, during a discussion with the Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC) officials, said, the AFD has also invested another 3.5 million euro for introducing electric vehicles in Nagpur.
- Another member of the delegation John Mark Phenet said, more investors from France are interested in Nagpur as ties between the French Government & the city have strengthened.
- He said, for Smart City project, as many as 69 members of French Smart City Club have shown interest in working on various projects like urban transport, sewerage water management, information & communication, planning of house construction & tourism and among others.
- Mayor Nanda Jichkar & municipal commissioner Ashwin Mudgal welcomed the delegation.
- Additional municipal commissioner & chief executive officer of Smart City Project Ramnath Sonawane made a Powerpoint presentation on Smart City works.
- Naresh Borkar, NMC executive engineer, informed about the Nag River Front Development.
- Jichkar expressed gratitude towards ADF & companies extending support to the NMC in implementing Smart City projects.
During The French Delegation Visit To Nagpur:
- The delegation was divided into 3 groups & each group studied different projects across the city.
- The first group was given a tour of Pardi, Bharatwada & Punapur where development under the Smart City project is underway.
- The 2nd group visited the Nag river development project.
- The group took a tour from the river’s source at Ambazari Lake to St Xavier’s High School, Hiwri Nagar.
- The 3rd group visited Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation (MMRC) office in Civil Lines where administrative director Brijesh Dixit gave information about the Metro rail project.
- The deputation then proceeded to visit Central Mall & Airport South Metro stations as well as the viaduct at Sai Mandir.