Date of Post : 10 Oct, 2018
Rohtak: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday laid the foundation stone for a rail coach refurbishing factory, saying the project will create employment and boost industrial development in Haryana. The Rail Coach Refurbishing and Rehabilitation Factory will be set up at a cost of Rs 500 crore at Barhi in Sonipat district.
- 250 passenger train coaches will be repaired and modernised every year at the factory, Modi said.
- He added, there were would no need to send coaches to factories located in far-off places.
- “With this factory, the availability of passenger coaches will also increase and people will get the benefit of comfortable coaches,” the PM said at a public meeting in Sampla.
- Modi said,“Small industries will also benefit with the setting up of this factory as they will be able to supply seat covers, fans, electrical fittings, etc.”
- “The youth will get several employment opportunities,” he added.
- The coach factory will help develop special skills.
- Engineers and technicians will be able to develop local expertise because of this factory.
- Modi said,”In the coming days, these experts will be able to provide services to other parts of the country.”
- The project is expected to be commissioned in 2020-21, Northern Railway said.
- The factory, spread over 160 acres, will be scaled up progressively to deal with 1,000 coaches every year.
- The railways said, it is envisaged to have a potential annual turnover of Rs 250 crore.
To know more about recent developments of Railways-
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .