Date of Post: 17 Dec, 2018
Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave a right direction to transform Modern Coach Factory (MCF) Raebareli into a world-class project under ‘Make in India’ initiative, Railway Minister Piyush Goyal on Sunday said, adding that 2,000 more coaches will be built with an investment of Rs 480 crore.
- Goyal made the statement at the inaugural event of 900th coach and a Humsafar Rake manufactured by MCF.
- Under ‘Make in India’ initiative, Prime Minister encouraged us and showed us a right direction to transform MCF into a world-class project, Piyush Goyal stated.
- He said,”In order to boost employment opportunities and to give proper space to small-scale industries, we have decided to increase the capacity of MCF by building 2,000 more coaches with an investment of Rs 480 crore.”
- “MCF project was supposed to be operated from 2007 but it showed limited progress till 2014 due to lack of sufficient and proper equipment required for the construction of coaches. When Prime Minister Modi came to power in 2014, he put immense efforts to give MCF a conventional look and to boost its competence and production,” Goyal stated.
- The projects that are underway in Raebareli, including doubling of the rail line between Raebareli and Amethi will be completed within 4 to 5 months and the rest will be completed by the end of 2019, Goyal further said.
- The Indian Railway’s MCF in Raebareli was constructed with an aim to develop facilities incorporating cost efficient modern technologies for the manufacture of coaches and to generate employment opportunities and sustainable development in the area.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .