Date of Post: Nov 03, 2018
The 11th UMI (Urban Mobility Conference) was inaugurated by the Maharashtra’s Chief Minister, Mr Devendra Fadnavis in ‘Orange city’ Nagpur at Chitnavis Centre on Friday. The special guests on the occasion were Union Transport, Shipping and Ganga Rejuvenation Minister Nitin Gadkari and Union Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri. The Institute of Urban Transport has organised three day conference under the aegis of Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- The Government of Maharashtra and MahaMetro are hosting the event jointly.
- The Union Housing and Urban affairs secretary Shri Durga Shanker Mishra, Chief Secretary Shri DK Jain, The ambassadors of France and Germany Mr. Alexandre and Mr. Martin were also present at the time of the inaugural session.
- The theme of the three day conference is ‘Green Urban Mobility’ which is very suitable and timely as the situation is quite ripe to bring in a holistic shift towards alternate and active mobility measures.
- More about 300 national and international speakers/ delegates had attended the conference.
- The conference provides forum to the officials who attend the conference for interactions and discussions around case studies to assist thier cities for keeping themselves up to date with best urban transport practices around the world and to carry home ideas to develop their urban transport along a sustainable path.
- An expo covering latest technologies and trends in fields of Metro Construction, Rail Technology has also been organised along with the Conference.
- The expo will also provide business opportunities, skill India issues, start-up trends etc and will prove to be a great Knowledge Sharing platform for the participants.
- As part of the conference, technical sessions on various current and different topics have also been organised.
To know more about recent developments of Metros –
02 Nov, 2018 : Hyderabad Metro Receives IGBC Green MRTS ‘Platinum’ Award
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .