Date of Post: 7 Feb, 2019
Railway electrification works in Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) in various sections is expected to complete by March-end this year. A meeting to review the progress of the undertaking was discussed, NFR CPRO Pranav Jyoti Sharma in a press release informed.
- The meeting also pressed for speedy implementation and removal of bottlenecks.
- Furnishing a detail on the project, the targets set for 100% electrification is to complete by March 31, with a total cost of Rs. 2,542.62 crore.
- The release said, the entire mainline was segregated into different sections for speedy implementation of work.
- Works are being implemented by Centre for Railway Electrification (CORE) and Railway Vikas Nigam Ltd (RVNL).
- Section from Mukuria to Raninagar Jalpaiguri including New Jalpaiguri yard (597 track kms) are being done by CORE.
- From Raninagar Jalpaiguri to Sarupeta (259 track kms) are being done by RVNL.
- Work of New Bongaigaon – Jogighopa & Guwahati – Narengi portion will also to be done by CORE.
- The meeting was attended by Sanjive Roy, GM/NFR, Ratan Lal, GM/CORE, Divisional Railway Managers from Katihar, Alipurduar, Rangiya and Lumding Divisions apart from other senior officials from RVNL and CORE.
To know more about recent developments of of Railways –
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )