Mumbai: 10 companies have placed their bids for the civil construction of Metro-2B & Metro-4.
Reliance Infrastructure (R Infra) has placed its bids in a joint venture (JV) with another private company.
* The company has placed bids for the civil construction of Metro-2B corridor connecting DN Nagar with Mankhurd, & Metro-4 connecting Wadala with Thane, on engineering, procurement & construction (EPC) model.
* In January 2017, the MMRDA (Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority) had floated bids for the 23.5 kilometer long Metro-2B corridor & 32 kilometer long Metro-4 corridors.
* Civil work on both the corridors is likely to commence by 2017 end.
* The deadline for the project is 2021.
* The company has received both, technical & financial bids for which it will conduct evaluation.
* Tata, J Kumar, NCC, Simplex Afcons among other have shown interest in these 2 Metro corridors.
* Also, MMRDA announced that contractors completing their civil works for the proposed Metro corridors before the deadline would be entitled to get a per day compensation bonus of Rs 5 lakh.