Date of Post: 04 Nov, 2017
Vice-president M Venkaiah Naidu inaugurates the 10th Urban Mobility India conference at the Hyderabad International Convention Centre (HICC) on Saturday, November 04, 2017, which is aimed at discussing urban transport challenges & solutions.
The three-day conference is jointly being organised by the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Development, Government of Telangana and CODATU, a French Transport Institute.
Naidu Speaking At The Conference:
- Urbanisation is one of realities of 21st Century, which is called as urban century & it causing many challenges to urban mobility systems, Naidu said.
- Despite the increasing level of urban mobility infrastructure worldwide, access to places/activities and services has become difficult.
- Unplanned urbanization led to urban sprawl & higher motorized travel which resulted in economic, social & environmental challenges.
- There has to be an increased focus on planning and design for sustainable and clean urban mobility.
- For high capacity public transport to become popular, it is important to provide the last mile connectivity.
- Naidu, congratulates the Government of Telangana for the implementation of the Hyderabad Metro Rail Project.
- On completion, it will become the World’s largest Metro Rail Project to be implemented in Public Private Partnership mode, he said.
MahaMetro stall at 10th Urban Mobility India & CODATU Conference at Hyderabad
Mumbai Metro 3 stall at 10th Urban Mobility India Conference & Expo 2017
Image Credit: MMRC
During The Three Day Conference:
1,000 Policy Makers To Converge At The Iconic HITEX City
Around 1,000 policy makers including Mayors & Municipal Councilors from the 5 southern States, administrators, experts, urban planners, researchers & technology and service providers from over 20 Indian States & 25 foreign countries will converge at the iconic HITEX City in Hyderabad for a three day Conference from today to discuss issues, challenges & solutions related to transport and mobility in the cities & towns.
About The Conference
- UMI Conference aims at promoting dissemination of information & exchange of ideas on urban transport & mobility issues and the best practices being followed in the cities across the world.
- At the Hyderabad Conference, initiatives & experiences in respect of various aspects of urban transport of 86 cities including 36 foreign cities will be presented as case studies for detailed discussion.
Highlight Of The Hyderabad Conference
- The highlight of the Hyderabad Conference is two Special Sessions for Mayors & Municipal Councilors from the States of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala on Inclusive and Sustainable Mobility & Intelligent Mobility.
- Hyderabad Conference will deliberate on various components of the chain of urban transport from conceptualization of urban transport projects, design, financing & execution.
- 9 leading transport technology & service providers will display the latest technologies for the benefit of city & State Governments.
- The conclusions & recommendations of the Hyderabad Conference will be presented by Shri Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary(Housing & Urban Affairs) during the Valedictory Session on Monday (November 6, 2017).
The Broad Themes That To Be Discussed Includes:
- Mobility for All
- Multi-modal Integration
- Inclusive Planning
- New Paradigms of Mobility
- Smart Cities and Mobility
- Electric Mobility
- Shared Mobility
- Linking Urban Transport and Environment
- Informal Transport Systems
- Using Urban Transport Planning as an Opportunity
- Efficient and Sustainable City Bus Service Systems
- Financial Planning for Urban Transport Projects
- Land Value Capture
- Transit Oriented Development
- Metro Rail Policy