Winners to be selected and announced at the Year in Infrastructure 2019 Conference in Singapore
Bentley Systems, Incorporated, the leading global provider of comprehensive software solutions for advancing the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure, today announced its call for nominations for the Year in Infrastructure 2019 Awards program. The awards, which are judged by independent juries of industry experts, recognize infrastructure projects for digital innovations that improve project delivery and/or asset performance.
The Year in Infrastructure Awards are an integral part of Bentley’s annual Year in Infrastructure Conference. The deadline for nominations is April 30, 2019.
Advancing BIM through Digital Twins is the theme of this year’s conference, which takes place October 21 through 24 in Singapore at the Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Centre. Winners are announced at a gala and awards program during the conference.
Users of Bentley software are invited to enter their projects in the Year in Infrastructure Awards program, no matter which phase the project is in – preconstruction/conceptual, design, construction, or operations. The three finalists chosen for each awards category win a trip to Singapore to attend the Year in Infrastructure 2019 Conference, as guests of Bentley Systems. As part of the conference, the finalists will present their projects before the judges, industry thought leaders, and more than 100 members of the media.
Every project nominated for an award receives recognition across the global infrastructure community. Through the Year in Infrastructure Awards program, participants:
- gain global recognition by having their infrastructure projects profiled in Bentley’s Infrastructure Yearbook, which is distributed in print and digital formats to media, government, and industry influencers around the world; all winners’ and finalists’ projects are featured on bentley.com
- enhance their competitive edge by demonstrating to existing and potential clients the value they add to projects through their digital innovations
- receive media coverage from global media and support from the Bentley team in marketing and promoting their respective projects to the media
The 18 Year in Infrastructure 2019 Awards categories recognize advancements in going digital for the following categories:
- 4D Construction Modeling
- Buildings and Campuses
- Communications and Utilities
- Digital Cities
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Mining and Offshore Engineering
- Power Generation
- Project Delivery
- Rail and Transit
- Reality Modeling
- Roads and Highways
- Road and Rail Asset Performance
- Structural Engineering
- Utilities and Industrial Asset Performance
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Water, Wastewater and Stormwater Networks
Additionally, projects that represent Bentley’s mission of advancing infrastructure, but which transcend the narrower focus of the individual category awards, can be considered for Special Recognition awards including:
- Advancements in Digital Twins for Project Delivery (Project Digital Twins) for a project using a digital twin to gain useful insights, such as understanding the impact of change and design alternatives or highlighting issues with the quality of project data, to more effectively collaborate with the extended project team, or to model the performance of a project and its construction.
- Advancements in Digital Twins for Asset Performance (Performance Digital Twins) for projects involving an operating infrastructure asset that uses a digital twin to gain useful insights to improve the performance of an operating asset –throughput, safety, compliance, maintenance – to evaluate the relative impact of different operational strategies, to support training of operational staff or to support remote operations of an asset.
- Advancements in Sustainability and Resilience for a project that has been designed or an infrastructure asset that is being operated to achieve better sustainability (lower carbon footprint, better use of renewables, reduced environmental impact) or higher resilience (ability to withstand and recover from man-made or natural disasters, adaptability to changing conditions).
For additional information about the Year in Infrastructure Awards program, or to nominate a project, visit the Year in InfrastructureAwards website.
Watch a one-minute video about the nomination process.
Image and Caption:
Winners of Year in Infrastructure 2018 Awards
About Bentley Systems’ Year in Infrastructure Conference
Presented by Bentley Institute, the Year in Infrastructure Conference is a global gathering of leading executives in the world of infrastructure design, construction, and operations focused on best practices and technologies for going digital. The conference is globally recognized as the leading forum for addressing the current priorities and opportunities that impact the infrastructure industry. Attendees hear from industry thought leaders, engage in forums and discussions, and learn about technologies and best practices that will shape the future of infrastructure delivery and operations.
About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems is the leading global provider of software solutions to engineers, architects, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators for the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure. Bentley’s MicroStation-based engineering and BIM applications, and its digital twin cloud services, advance the project delivery (ProjectWise) and the asset performance (AssetWise) of transportation and other public works, utilities, industrial and resources plants, and commercial and institutional facilities.
Bentley Systems employs more than 3,500 colleagues, generates annual revenues of $700 million in 170 countries, and has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions since 2012. From inception in 1984, the company has remained majority-owned by its five founding Bentley brothers. Bentley shares transact by invitation on the NASDAQ Private Market; strategic partner Siemens AG has accumulated a non-voting minority stake. www.bentley.com
Bentley, the Bentley logo, AssetWise, MicroStation, and ProjectWise are either registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks of Bentley Systems, Incorporated or one of its direct or indirect wholly owned subsidiaries. All other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
Source : Bentley Systems