HYDERABAD METRO INAUGURATION
[ LIVE UPDATES ]
( Date : November 28, 2017 )
To Be Inaugurated By : Prime Minister Sh. Narendra Modi
Stay connected with Rail Analysis India to get all the live updates about Hyderabad Metro Inauguration on November 28, 2017 !
Please Take a Moment to Provide Us Your Valuable Feedback on The Survey
Credit : HyderabadMetro
The Chief Minister of Telangana, Sri. K Chandrashekar Rao has extended a formal invitation to the Prime Minister of India, Sri Narendra Modi for Hyderabad Metro Inauguration, the urban elevated mass rapid transit system, on November 28th, 2017.
- In the first phase, the section between Miyapur and Ameerpet, a distance of 13 km, and another 17-km stretch between Ameerpet & Nagole have been completed.
- The Hyderabad Metro Rail Project has been taken up on 3 corridors covering a distance of 72 km.
- It is the world’s biggest metro rail project in the PPP (Public Private Partnership) mode.
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT HYDERABAD METRO RAIL
- Financial innovation is a key element in the conversion of Hyderabad Metro Rail project from Government model to PPP model.
- As per the revenue model, broadly 50% of the revenue comes from passenger fares, 45% from property development and 5% from advertisements and other miscellaneous sources.
- The Hyderabad Metro stations and Depots will have mega shopping malls, multiplexes, office/commercial spaces, hotels, restaurants, clinics/diagnostic centres, convention centres, entertainment centres, bank branches, ‘A to Z’ shops etc., and will become hubs of activity in the city.
- With a frequency of 3 to 5 minutes during peak hours, the system is expected to carry about 17 lakh passengers per day by 2017 and 22 lakh by 2024.
- The ticketing solution proposed for Hyderabad Metro Rail is a state of the art Automated Fare Collection System based on Contactless Fare Media Technology featuring technologies best suited for MRTS and recognised world-over.
- Hyderabad Metro would be first in India to claim train control by CBTC technology.
- For the first time, the entire elevated Metro station is being precast elsewhere and is being brought and fixed during night time at the station locations.
Things You Should Know About Hyderabad Metro !
Interesting Facts, Fares & Figures of Hyderabad Metro Rail
Some interesting facts about Hyderabad Metro which justify the demanding dimensions of the project
- Estimated Cost – Rs 14, 132 crores.
- Proposed Rail Project Length – 72 KM, with stations located at every kilometre
- Expected No. Of Commuters By 2017 – 15,00,000
- The project is expected to serve 3 “high density corridors” which have frequency of 3 to 5 minutes during – peak hours.
- Collaboration will be on to integrate the Metro Rail with other public transport systems in Hyderabad such – as MMTS and RTC.
Indeed, for Hyderabadis, the Metro Rail will be a relief from carbon emission pollution. The technology adopted for Metro Rail construction is aimed at ensuring reduced fossil fuel, carbon credits reduction in vehicular operating costs and not but the least, attractive feature being, of course, reduced travel time. No worry for commuters about not reaching on time at their respective destinations and constantly having to look at their watches. Relaxed travel with reduced tensions is what Hyderabad Metro Rail will offer to commuters.