Opportunities in West Bengal ( Rail Sector ) :
- Leading in rail density with 4,000 km of railway tracks, and growing
- Kolkata has the 2nd largest Metro Rail Network of the country only after Delhi-NCR, with over 130 km of extension going on
- ~US$ 3.1 billion (INR 20,000 CR) worth investment secured from the Central govt. for the extension of 132 km of proposed metro line
- First under-water metro tunnel
- From trams (India’s first and still operational) to metro systems (India’s first) to yachts, Kolkata’s transport is acknowledged in many surveys as the most DIVERSE TRANSPORT SERVICE PROVIDER in the country.
Upcoming Industrial Corridors-
- The 1,840 km long Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor (EDFC) of Indian Railways runs from Ludhiana in Punjab to Kolkata, covering 6 major states
- Amritsar Kolkata Industrial Corridor (AKIC) spanning 20 cities in 7 states, to be aligned to Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor (EDFC), and to be completed by 2019. AKIC along with vast network of roads and inland waterways would transform the state into a logistics hub
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.